...says seven persons have shown interest
...denies disparaging Tinubu
Olasunkanmi Akinlotan
Ogun state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has  said that he may not know the next governor after him, but, knows those that would not succeed him.

The governor said this on Friday in Abeokuta at the APC, Ogun State members of National Assembly caucus meeting.
In the meeting which attracted state APC executive council, the governor disclosed that no fewer than seven persons have shown interest to become next governor after  him.
He said, with his assessment,  none of them qualifies to become governor of the state.
The governor however,  denied  making disparaging comments on the leader of APC and former Lagos state governor,  Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, noting that  Tinubu had stood by him when he needed him,
While reacting to an alleged online report whose content pitched  him against Tinubu, Amosun challenged those behind the report to provide the evidence to back their claims.
Amosun said , "What happened was that we wanted to have a parliamentary caucus meeting. And we said we would be having it quarterly but we discovered that our commissioners are not there and the elders of the party too must be there,infact we were phoning round to know if we should call only the working committees or who should we call?.
"So we called  about four people asking how many are the working committees, some said 26 while some said the working committees are 16 but because the state chairman is no more there, it should be 15 and at a point we agreed that ;let us call only the state working committee , which  will include, the commissioners, the assembly members and the national assembly members and that,  the meeting will hold at the government house.
"It wasn't our normal meeting it was just the parliamentary caucus meeting.
"Well, but for me, we should be happy, that some people are afraid of whatever we do and that is why they are running helter skelter.
"If there  are cowards or traitors somewhere trying to record or do any other thing,those people can not do anything.
"But let me say this and I have been saying it all the time, that we might not be able to say clearly now,who becomes the next governor, but ,we know those who will not be governor.
"And I think I did mention that time, that, it is this Ogun state that I was born and schooled (my primary, secondary and tertiary institution) here. So, if I speak, I am speaking from the position of strength and I know that with all our elders, even those  that are apolitical, I know that I know those  that will not be governor.
"I know that at the appropriate time we would get our people together and we would say this is your son  and we would pick and whoever we pick is going to become governor.
"If you want something, there are several ways of getting it, imagine someone saying that 'I said, Asiwaju Tinubu will finish him in lagos.' but what I said to those who told me, was that, don't worry about that one,what will happen in any other place I do not know and I don't talk about what I do not know.
"By the way I say all the time that,Asiwaju stood by me when I needed him I have ways of reaching Asiwaju although he did not give me any money but my dad will  say that an helper must not be disappointed.
"But if they say we are confident, Yes we are very very confident that in this Ogun state, whoever is backing them is only wasting his or her  time.
"Here in Ogun state we are not God, we are humans, but ,at the appropriate time when we say this is the governor ,our people will support, because our leader both those within and those outside will support us and we would win.

"This one it would be no campaign. So warn them they are just wasting their time and money.
"So for ME, whatever am going to say,am going to say it, the way we were brought  up we are not cowards nor traitors.'he that is not to be counsel can never be saved' so for me I don't hide under one finger to fight.
"Seven people have told me they want to become governor but all the seven are just wasting their time when the time comes we would tell our people.
"On Ondo election, we have won and we would continue to win ,so, if they have money let them go and keep it. When it is time for us to spend money, we would spend very well for our people."


EmoticonEmoticon